Sunday, February 19, 2023

Blog Shots: Pics from Vail & Breckenridge

Some pics from last week's trip out to Breckenridge to see and ski with some of my favorite classmates. This was an amazing trip.



I'm writing this on Sunday morning with the intent to talk a little about this trip on this week's As For Football Army Football Show. However, we're recording tomorrow night, so who knows? Maybe you'll see this before we get the show up and running.

I went out last week on Sunday and came back Thursday. That gave me three days on the mountain.

We skied Vail on Monday. That place is gorgeous, especially under glorious bluebird skies!

Our first lift up Monday morning.
We must've ridden four miles worth of lifts to get out to the Back Bowls.

My buddy Matt took this shot. Neither of us had ever been on a lift that went up a
mountain and then back down the other side before this.

The lift into the Back Bowls

Obligatory selfie from the Back Bowls

With my buddy Matt at the top of the backside after lunch.
We went from here right into those tree behind us, inspiring this poem.

Lunch at the top of the world


My buddy Matt took this shot.


Three-way selfie from the top of the world: Me, Matt & Matt.

Apres ski with Matt & Matt

As you may remember from 2017's Army-Navy Game, Vail is the former Camp Hale, initial home to the 10th Mountain Division as they organized and trained to enter World War II. A few of the guys came back from the war, bought the place from the government, and more or less created the modern American Ski Resort on their former training grounds.

My buddy Matt took this shot of me taking a selfie with the Ski Trooper.
His was better than mine.

We hit Breck on Tuesday and Wednesday. Didn't get the same kind of glorious bluebird skies, but it snowed a bit on Tuesday, giving us arguably much better skiing conditions.

Whiteout conditions at the Top of the World. The day actually started sunny, but then it started snowing.
I couldn't see! Until I changed lenses, I had to use the Force to find my way.

My buddy Matt took this shot on Wednesday.


Matt, Matt, and a LOT of snow.


That's it, friends. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment