Saturday, August 6, 2016

Odds & Ends: Olympics (Day 1)

First off, I heard "Bang Your Head" yesterday on my way to the train, and it's been stuck in my brains ever since.  It's got to be the toughest heavy metal song ever written, so here you go:




 -- Women's Soccer vs. France
 -- The Women's 4 x 100 freestyle relay.  I'm surprised that's up so early.  It's definitely a prestige event.
 -- Women's Field Hockey vs. Argentina.

I don't know if any of that is actually must-watch, especially the swimming, which has to be heats not finals.




I don't want to quit on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, but Season 3 ended poorly after what I thought was a very good season and a half.  From the Fall of SHIELD to the Season 3's mid-season finale, the show was terrific.  Then it tailed off again.  Ugh.

It's hard to imagine that Ghost Rider and Karnak are going to make the show work again, but if it looks more like some actual part of the Marvel Universe, that can only help.




News from camp, such as it is, goes something like this:
 -- Chris Carter has a pulled hamstring.  He and T Rick Kurz have been held out of practice.
 -- Ahmad Bradshaw threw two picks in practice yesterday.  Argh.
 -- Plebe Elijah Riley is working as a safety.  Kjetil Cline is working at WR.
 -- 2020 doesn't have as many recruits as 2019 did, but the ones they have look really good.  I expect we'll see quite a few plebe contributors this fall, perhaps even in early games.
 -- Army's safety play continues to improve.  I'm telling you, that secondary is way underrated.



One of my friends put this up on Facebook.  Vote accordingly:




Finally, if you missed yesterday's excerpt from my memoir about the birth of our oldest daughter Hannah, go back and read that thing.  It's a great story, but it didn't attract a lot of readers, unfortunately.

That's all I've got.  Enjoy your Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment