Monday, July 5, 2021

Blog Shots: 4th of July Hike with Sally

 Sally and I went on a little hike yesterday.  


Well.  It was supposed to be little, at any rate.  We wound up walking four and a half miles.  That took us from the Short Beach parking lot in Stratford, around the lighthouse, back down to Wayne's Walk, and then all the way up to Russian Beach and back.

Speaking personally, I thought that was a good, long walk.

Anyway, I took my camera yesterday.  Pics are past the jump.
Short Beach looking back towards Stratford Point.

Short Beach jetty.  I sight on this thing whenever I swim down here.


Boats on the Sound.  Don't know how much I like this shot, but I kept it.


We legit thought this woman was dead for a minute or two.  But no.  She just got the party started a little earlier than most.

The new Audubon Society Building.




We saw a bunch of people fishing yesterday.




Super-pleased with how this shot came out.



The lighthouse at Stratford Point



Heading back towards Short Beach

Lots of families out along the beach yesterday.

This last little set is from Russian Beach, which is about a mile away from Short Beach.

Walking along Russian Beach with one of Sally's friends from the Boat Club.


The church bells started playing Let There Be Peach On Earth while we were walking.  Sally sang along.

That's it!

Happy 4th of July, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment