Monday, February 13, 2023

30 Day Poetry Challenge : Day 13

My daughter Hannah suggested this challenge for our family. She wants to try writing more poetry, and she's hoping that this challenge will get her into the habit.

She, my daughter Emma, and I started this thing, and then my wife joined after a few days. Now we are all doing the challenge. 

Today is Day 13.

13. Pick something in your life that you are grateful for. Write about how fortunate you are to have that thing in your life and why.


My wife Sally is such a blessing,
I’ve known that now forever;
I’m out here skiing even now
While she holds our home together.

She’s beautiful, oh yes it’s true,
And also mighty clever;
She helps me be my very best self,
Encouraging my every endeavor.

God blessed me on the day we met,
I didn’t even know how much;
That this wonderful woman would stay with me,
Loving me and such.

Sally, I love you.
I know that you know it’s true;
But it’s worth repeating every day.
So you will feel it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment